Client Care Audit Inc. and its affiliates (“Client Care Audit”) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit Client Care Audit’s website located at clientcareaudit.com, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use the mobile applications that Client Care Audit makes available from time to time (the “Applications“); and
- use the Client Care Audit services including Client Care Audit Free Trial, Single Location, Multi-Location and other Client Care Audit products and services (the “Platforms“).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications and the Platforms together the “Services“.
privacy policies of any Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps you access via the Services.
Personal information we may collect and use
i) Registration and Logged-in Users
When you first register for a Client Care Audit account we collect some personal information about you such as:
- your full name, username, and email address
- your password, in connection with your account and your log-in facility
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
- a unique Client Care Audit user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration
- other optional information as part of your account profile
If you register with a Supported Platform or when you link a Supported Platform to your Client Care Audit account, we may access other information related to your social profiles. When that occurs, a prompt will inform you of the details that will be accessible by Client Care Audit.
When creating a Client Care Audit Single or Multi-Location account, we collect your credit card or PayPal information, billing address, and other information as required to complete a commercial transaction on our site.
As a registered user of Client Care Audit, we may also collect the following:
- information you post in the form of messages, conversations, or contributions to discussions exchanged over the Supported Platforms
- images or other files that you may publish via our upload services
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our services
- information relating to your real time location, but only where you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information or when posting through the Supported Platforms
Client Care Audit uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you log into your account
- to enable us to provide the Services to you
- to verify transactions you make and for billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
- to analyze the Website, Services and our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services
- to contact you about your account and provide support
- to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of our Services to prospective advertisers and partners
- to keep you informed of information about our Services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes
By submitting information to Client Care Audit when registering, you consent to the use of your information for these purposes.
ii) Collection of Personal Information Submitted Voluntarily (Free Trial, Single and Multi-Location users)
For Client Care Audit Free Trial, Single and Multi-Location users, Client Care Audit may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Client Care Audit may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Services. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties.
System and device information
Client Care Audit automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Platforms, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable) (collectively referred to as “traffic data”). We may link this traffic data to your unique Client Care Audit user ID to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of our Services, and better understand and market to our customers and website users.
Client Care Audit also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Services. This also includes where Client Care Audit tracks certain metrics such as clicks on URLs. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use our Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience. Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
Cookies and related technologies
The Services use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Website or the Services. Without these cookies, we wouldn’t be able to provide the Services to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you will be required to re-enter your Client Care Audit log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information.
Performance and Remarketing Cookies
Partners who help us serve advertising on and off the Website and analytics companies may also put cookies on your device. We use several third-party vendors to help deliver ads for relevant Client Care Audit products and services to you when you visit certain pages on our Website and then visit certain third-party sites.
i) Google Analytics
Client Care Audit uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Applications or the Platforms (“Logged-In User). If you are a Logged-In User, Client Care Audit may use your Client Care Audit user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Services and the Website, with a view to offering improvements for all Client Care Audit users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Client Care Audit with any Personal Information.
ii) Google Display Advertising
Additionally, Client Care Audit uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features that Client Care Audit currently uses are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow Client Care Audit and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of Client Care Audit users and to improve the Services.
You may opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on .
Client Care Audit uses other third-party performance and remarketing cookies, and further information on those third-party cookies can be obtained by contacting us.
Client Care Audit may also use related technologies including web beacons, bugs, pixels, and software tokens in order to facilitate your use of the Services. Most notably, the Services use software tokens (stored securely on Client Care Audit-controlled servers) in order to facilitate the logging in to and the functioning of both the Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www. networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website, Applications, and/or Platforms. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive.
When we may share Personal Information
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Client Care Audit;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
When payments are processed via credit card, Client Care Audit uses third-party vendors such as PayPal. At no point does Client Care Audit have access to your credit card information.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms.
If you are a Logged-in User, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device.
Client Care Audit uses email as the primary mode of communications with our users. We want to respect your privacy by only sending emails of interest to you. You can manage your email preferences, such as opting-out or unsubscribing from emails sent by Client Care Audit, by adjusting your preferences in your account settings. You may also opt out or unsubscribe from any future email communications from within a link provided in each email correspondence that we send you.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and,
where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may be retained by Client Care Audit for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
© Client Care Audit Inc. 2014